Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Wow, I almost started this entry off with my real name. Let's try this again.
Unit here, actively working on my novel.  Well, not at this exact moment.  I have a plan on where it is going, but am scared to move it along. I have a habit of writing consisely when I know what I'm doing, and that is not going to work. I also have a habit of getting sick of the characters in my stories and wanting them to do something interesting.  Thankfully my main character this time has been talking to me for years now.  Ever since my sophmore year of high school.  She decided to change her middle name right before the first, but it did give her a new nickname.  And her last name needs to be changed, but that will have to wait until after NaNo. It fit in the early stages of her development, but not anymore.  And her brothers are all wonderful, allthough they keep multipliying.  I thought she hadseven brothers, but it turns out that she has nine. And just for the fun of it, here is my main character's family tree
 
 Sorry it's hard to read, but it is a rather large family.  Damita, the outlying bubble, is the second wife and stepmother to the family.  Rachelinaclora, the blue bubble is unrelated as of now, but is likely to marry the oldest son within the course of the novel. Octavia Winifred is my main character.  And if you can read the last name you can guess the rough outline of my story.  But it will be quite different then the one you are used to.  After all, how many fairy tales have ten year olds referencing crime drama's that didn't air until October 2008?

1 comment:

cspokey said...

Wow. I don't even know about the families of my main charactors. Then again, they are at college so I don't have to worry about it for now. I'm sure they'll pop up eventually.

Good job on nanowrimo! We should all celebrate after we win!