Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday

Ok so yesterday was pretty good. I was woken up by my family singing happy birthday for the third year in a row. At least it wasn't at seven in the morning like the first year that I wasn't home for my birthday. Then I went to church, but left early because I couldn't deal with people. Birthdays are not the easiest thing for me to deal with, especially when they come with the realization that I have no money to go home for Christmas with. But I never have, so I should be able to go home anyway. Enough people here are heading back my way for Christmas. But I couldn't deal with people so I came home. I was glad I did, because Missionary Boy called on his way out to work. Is it bad that I was glad I left church early to get the phone call? It made me so happy to know that, despite us hardly talking recently, he remembered my birthday. Although he knows me too well, and could tell that I was not dealing with life well even over the phone. So he did what he always does and got me laughing. Not stopping the tears, but laughing and crying at the same time. It's a strange skill I have, the ability to laugh and cry at the same time, not tears caused by laughter mind you. And I apparently do it at the exact same time, confusing friends by causing them not to be sure if I'm sad or happy. Usually it's both. But despite everything, it was a pretty good birthday.

1 comment:

cspokey said...

I'm glad it worked out in the end. My birthday was pretty good, too.

I don't know about crying at the same time as laughing, but I can go from yelling at someone to crying in seconds. Interesting skills...