Monday, November 3, 2008

Where does this crap come from?

So I'm up working on my novel, because I can. And because I don't have anything due until Friday and I can't even start writing that paper until Wednesday. And this is a fact, not me being lazy. I have to write the paper about a movie I'll watch in class Wednesday.
Any way, I writing my novel, I'm way behind fred, m&m, and bob, but whatever. It's not like I have anything else to do tomorrow. But some of the strangest things I have ever written are happening. Like this line She had some sense that he was referring to puberty, but didn’t like to think about that and hoped she could skip that step of growing up and just be an old lady with lots of plastic pink flamingos in her yard and five or six aquariums filled exotic fish. And don't go on about my grammar or spelling or anything. I'm just wondering how a ten year old has decided to skip life until an old lady. But not the stereotypical and cliché cat lady. No she wants to have flamingos in her yard and exotic fish. I love this girl.

1 comment:

cspokey said...

I love it when characters do random things like that. Here, I'll give you a line from my novel: “Katalina. I know this sounds crazy, and we've just met, but I feel I’ve known you for eternity. I’ve prayed about it, and I feel like we’re meant to be together. Will you marry me?”

(for the record, he was joking. he just always had an urge to do that...)