Thursday, November 13, 2008

the joy of technology

So I have recently taken to checking out laptops from the library. This is to ensure that I get the most writing time possible in a day. It also serves to help me take notes, since I hate writing by hand and having a computer to take notes on has been a great help this week. But it has served to make me anxious for the day when I can have my own laptop. And it is still a distraction. After all I'm sitting here typing a blog entry when I should be reading Mother Courage and writing a paper about it. I really hate writing for a grade. It takes all the joy and fun out of writing. And I really wish I could find my book of writing exercises. And I still need to finish the short story about Lilac, Isaac and the fudge. I've written 10,000 words on a novel I have no need to be writing, but have yet to write the 750 words for my short story. If I put my mind to it I can put out the first draft in half an hour. Now if you'll excuse me, the fudge is about to be stolen.

1 comment:

cspokey said...

Yay for laptops! Mine is very distracting, but I love it.