Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving.



100 Things I’m thankful for.
1. Life. You have no idea how happy living makes me.
2. Falsetto. So he never writes me, and I’m likely never to see him again. But he gave me hope that somewhere out there is a man who is perfect for me.
3. Cousin. Yeah my roommates tease me about my relationship with my cousin. But I’m glad he’s around. And I’m secretly happy that he didn’t get his mission call yet. I know I’m horrible.
4. Baby Sis. She is the most adorable sister I’ve ever had. And I have five of them. How many four year olds are there that request to hear Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift before a Miley Cyrus song?
5. Mad Libs. For all the fun memories of playing this game with my cousins and sisters. Of course I did invent a slightly different way to play.
6. More Bad Times by The Presidents of the United States. I just love this song.
7. Harry Potter. Do you know how many times I got calls at really stressful moments that were just the relief I needed based on the latest theory? The sibling theory, the snape-lily-james love triangle, Snape is good etc. I also got many well researched essays on the subject. Gotta love sisters.
8. Sisters. Even though I didn’t get along with all of them all the time.
9. Missionary Boy. For showing me that I can have friends. And for always being there for me. And for calling me. And for staying friends with me despite our siblings planning our wedding (10/10/10 for those interested.). And for admitting to liking me. And for going to the Mormon Prom with me. And I think that maybe I’m not completely over him like I thought I was.
10. Names. I have several name books I’m working on, as well as a collection of name books larger than most expectant mothers. And yes I’m aware how awkward that is, no I don’t care.
11. Free shipping. It makes me happy when I don’t have to pay to have stuff shipped to me. Of course Uncle Shipping Services will be closing down soon. But it was great while it lasted.
12. Telephones. To keep in touch with quickly departing friends.
13. Facebook. To reconnect with other friends.
14. Flash drives. It makes me happy that I can write at home and work on it at school without emailing to myself.
15. My name songs. It makes me happy that even when My name broke up with the guy singing he still loves her.
16. Free laptop checkouts from the library.
17. Zoo Tycoon. Yes, I know I’m probably a bit old to still play it, but hey.
18. Oregon Trail. See above
19. Sleep.
20. Food Storage. Because that is how I’m able to eat between now and Christmas.
21. I-15. And the fact that my parents can pick me up if they need to to take me home for Christmas.
22. Movies. They help to pass the time away when I have nothing to do for an entire week alone.
23. Books. Reading is quite fun and another good time waster.
24. Random people I don’t know who are willing to have me for Thanksgiving dinner.
25. The fact that no one wants to let a person stay home alone for Thanksgiving. More free food for me. J
26. My four year old sister for doing funny things, such as a watching and doing a work out video called “walk away the pounds” daily. And yes I’m counting her twice. Her and her antics are two different things.
27. Cities and Knights. I just wish that I had it and people to play it with.
28. Dates with my mom. Even though I’m like a thousand miles away now every time I go home I still get to go out with just my mom and me on something fun, not just a shopping trip.
29. My printer, even if it hates me right now. It still scans. This makes me happy.
30. Magazines. Because they provide amazing pictures of people and things for me to scan as inspiration for stories.
31. Chicken Soup Books, for those last minute FHE lessons.
32. Selling back textbooks, so I have money for Christmas gifts.
33. Ice cream.
34. Nesquik, to mix into the ice cream.
35. Cereal and the strange habit I have of eating it dry. Less milk I have waste making my cereal soggy when I could be drinking it
36. My older brother. Even though I never see him anymore.
37. Tiny blank books. They make me happy, especially when accompanied by an equally small pen. Pocket sized for when inspiration strikes.
38. The Scriptures.
39. Earrings. Yeah, I realize that they are nowhere near as important as the previous entry, but hey, this list isn’t in any order.
40. Computers. I like not have to write everything out by hand.
41. The internet. I love being able to connect with people.
42. Orange sticky notes. Because one with David’s address has a place above my computer.
43. Cameras, because I love to see pictures of what my family looks like since I’ve been away for two years.
44. The annual Christmas pageant my family puts on with our cousins. And the strange roles that are included in the cast. Such roles include the camel that the wise men ride, a devil/angel mix, and a super hero. Yes, we once had a super hero visit the baby Jesus at our re-enactment of the first Christmas.
45. Random writing exercises. To exercise and improve my writing skills which have long been neglected.
46. Hobo Blanket, a blanket I’m currently crocheting out of the random skeins of yarn that my mom sent me.
47. Umbrellas. I just like them.
48. Bobbi, my pink gender confused teddy bear.
49. Having a closet to myself. But not the monster that lives in the closet.
50. Backpacks. The amazing ability they have of holding massive amounts of books.
51. Libraries. Because book aren’t cheap.
52. TV shows online, because I don’t have time to watch them when they air.
53. Cell phones, so I can call my mom whenever I feel like it.
54. Online games. I like wasting time.
55. iPods. Just because.
56. Free music, legally.
57. Post-it notes, they make marking things to scan much easier.
58. Hair dryers, which make my life easier, so that I don’t freeze my hair walking to finals. True story.
59. Lotion, because Utah is far too dry
60. Chapstick, ditto.
61. Chocolate, which I didn’t even like until College.
62. Snow. I love snow.
63. Rain is equally welcome.
64. Gray clouds. I don’t why, but they make me happy.
65. Bacon. Bacon is the best thing that comes from dead pigs. The second best is ham.
66. Friends.
67. Roommates that I can live with.
68. The 100 hour board.
69. Pants. They are so much more comfortable than skirts.
70. Skirts, they are much more elegant than pants.
71. My job. How many people do you know that can talk to their mom for twenty minutes, do a week’s worth of homework and get fed at work while getting paid?
72. The ability to say no.
73. The ability to lie, now before you go judging me, these two things have saved from many awkward and possibly life threatening situations. (The 31 year old man, the creepy lady who walked into my house when I was 10, etc)
74. Mormon myths, so what if they aren’t true, they still make me happy.
75. The number 9. I’m glad it survived being eaten.
76. Netflix, for all the strange and wonderful things that it recommends to me.
77. Having the apartment to myself for awhile, doesn’t matter how long.
78. Writing. I love to write, I really truly do.
79. The begat chapters. Sorry, they were always my favorite. It probably has something to do with how many names are in them.
80. Canada, yes I know, but I’m half Canadian (ok so I’m half French-Canadian, but it’s Canadian.)
81. France, because I can blame all my weirdness on being French.
82. Little Caesars hot and ready pizza.
83. Tithing.
84. Mechanical pencils.
85. Candy. Delicious delightful candy.
86. Pell Grants.
87. Crayons.
88. My scarf.
89. Quote walls. Gotta love them.
90. Divine Comedy.
91. Shoes. I love shoes, they are the best things ever invented fashion wise. Mostly because they are the only fashion pieces that I can buy without needing advice.
92. Bare feet, because as much as I love shoes, there’s nothing like having nothing on your feet at all.
93. Fingers, because without them I wouldn’t be able to write.
94. Hair. I love my hair.
95. The fact that my parents names are in the Houseboat Honeymoon program as donators to the TMA program.
96. Thermometers. I like to take my temperature a lot. My normal temperature is 97.5 Fahrenheit FYI
97. Rapunzel, the best fairy tale of them all.
98. Disney movies.
99. Musicals.
100. That I finally reached 100 on this list.

2 comments:

cspokey said...

yay for 100 items! gratitude is amazing. :^D

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Cities and Knights, as in Settlers? Dude! I have it. We should totally play sometime.