Monday, January 19, 2009

Drama

So I'm a theater major.  I should be used to drama.  Especially drama that doesn't directly affect my life.  And yet I feel like I'm involved in far too much drama.  Online drama and real life drama and fictional drama and me drama.  But the online drama really isn't mine to tell, except that I feel like I'm somehow caught in the middle, even though I'm not.  And real life drama is the drama of sisters.  So Thing 1, who once planned on how to take the boy in her primary class to the temple for a forced marriage and at another point planned a wedding between her and a boy twice her age (he was 12), now has about half her seminary class liking her.  And she doesn't know how to deal with it.  She thinks it's weird and wishes they would stop.  Not that she actually asks my advice, especially since I have no experience in the department of having too many guys liking me.  Yeah Falsetto and Mish are out of the picture, and I doubt either of them harbor any feelings they once had for me.  And to be quite honest I don't have the same feelings for them either.  Which is why I think that I should stop writing about them.  But I probably won't.  I was asked tonight why I talk about them so often if we never even dated.  Here's why, Mish was my best friend in high school.  And he's my only friend left back home that is remotely close to my age.  His younger siblings are also good friends of mine.  And as for Falsetto, he's the closest I've ever come to dating someone.  And he doesn't even write me.  I haven't heard from since I woke him up at ten in the morning one saturday a year and a half ago.  But I'm scared to let go of them.  I don't like to lose friends and I've already lost too many.  Silver and I never even speak anymore.  I tried to hang out with her over the break and ended up talking to kids that are still in the community college and have been since my Junior year.  Of high school.  I'm a Junior in College now.  So yeah that didn't turn out quite as planned.  And I suppose that's part of the reason I feel like I'm caught in the drama.  I have friends on both sides and won't choose, but can't quite be there for both sides. Even though I somewhat understand and support both sides.  Stupid drama.  Why must life be so complicated?

1 comment:

cspokey said...

Life, complicated? Never! [/sarcasm]