Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My names

I have many nicknames.  And I have decided to give them to you now, at least those that I can without giving away my real name, which as far as I know, you all know any way.  But whatever.
Unit of Energy, the name I most often go by online.  Comes out my lack of creativity and a real life nickname.
Tootrue4u, tootrue4you, other online names.  Not commonly used, but good standbys where I don't want people to know Unit of Energy, as Unit of Energy is easier to trace back to the real me.
Frenchy, and not because of Grease.  I didn't even see Grease until I was at BYU.  No, frenchy is a result of my French background.  Well French-Canadian, but my ancestors were among the original French colonists.  And the first people to settle Quebec.  So I am French.  And I blame the French for all my problems. This nickname was given by a seminary teacher in my stake. It was kept there, until one day Mish and Silver heard the seminary teacher call me frenchy.  And then it stuck with me for the rest of High School.  Mostly because I hated being called frenchy.
The Girl,  my least favorite nickname, this is what my parents and brother called me when I was little, like baby little, until about two.
Twiglt, twiggy, twigs Twiglt was the first of this series of names.  It was Halloween and there was a pumpkin carving contest.  I was trying to carve "twilight" into the pumpkin.  Yeah, I left a few letters out.  And the resulting word has been my name ever since.

No comments: