Friday, June 6, 2008

Don't be the butter

So I've been trying to get back into the habit of writing. Writing anything at all, letters to Falsetto boy, stupid blog entries, recipes, just writing. Well, anything that is not specifically required by classes. So tonight I started my third forward to a book that was inspired years ago by the many sleepovers I had with my sisters and cousin. The book will be titled The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread: Don't be the Butter. I'm still trying to come up with a format for it. I'm currently thinking that it will be a humorous self help type book. The title comes from a list of rules we compiled to help each other and Elmo specifically get nice young men to ask us out. Of course at the time I was the only one old enough to date, though now all of those involved are of dating age, though I'm still the oldest. One of the rules was not to butter up your date's parents. This was in order to stay yourself, as well as not to offend your date. This rule went on to state that your date's parents should not think you are the best thing since sliced bread. We had other rules as well, our favorite being the golden rule: smell unto others as you would have others smell unto you. This was sung to the Golden Rule song from My Turn on Earth and ended with a pfft. Any way, ever since that particular night I have been working on a book to incorporate the crazy and sound advice that was given that night, as well other rules that I have come up with. Unfortunately I have lost the notebook with my collection of rules in the three moves since then. Although I'm sure I can find it again, I never throw out a notebook. You never know when the things you wrote when you were young will inspire you later. Or make you laugh. And I finally found Falsetto's mission address after moving this last time, so I can write him again. Not that he ever responds.

No comments: