Wednesday, March 12, 2008

homesick

This semester has not been going well at all. It's a strange repeat of my first semester out here. I have too much on my plate, yet not enough at the same time. I don't know whats wrong with me. Sunday I decided to read my scriptures by opening to a random page and reading. It works for other people, why not me. The verse I first read? D&C 29:38 And, behold, there is a place prepared for them from the beginning, which place is hell. Not quite what I wanted to hear, but it made me laugh. Then I reminded myself of the classic trial scritpture, the ones about not being tempted above what you are able to resist, the Lord will prepare a way, and so on. then a friend suggested I may be trying to do to much. I of course quoted scripture to him. He responded with a scripture I had forgotten. "for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength." I love my friends. Now I just have to figure out how to survive the rest of the year doing everything I need to do without killing myself. I'm sure I'll manage somehow. especially since I'm taking the day off today. Today I'm skipping life, well except for that test that I need to take. But that won't take very long.

No comments: