Monday, March 30, 2009

Letters

It makes me happy when I get stuff in the mail.  And I got a letter from an old friend this week.  In which he spent a page explaining to me why he took so long to write me back.   And according to my best friends not only do Mish and I look alike, but we have basically the same handwriting.  Any way, as happy as his letter made me, it made me a little sad too.  I mean this kid meant a lot to me once.  And maybe still.  I really don't know how I feel about him right now.  And I don't how I should feel about him.  It felt so right over the break sitting in his living room with his family, playing with his neices and watching the guys play rockband.  Oh they let me play too, but it was more fun to watch.  I feel like maybe he could be the one, but then I'm like wait.  I haven't talked to him much since 2006.  That's like two and a half years.  And now I start thinking I like him again?  I can't like him again.  He's never going to live anywhere near me again. We want completely different things from life.  Or at least we did.  I don't want to move  to Japan so my husband can be a manga artist.  But I do want to be able to sit around with my future husband's family just as comfortably as I can sit around with my own.  And I want someone who has siblings that I can get along with.  Even though I'm the oldest of a large family, I do want a large family.  Not neccesarily my immediate family, but an extended family too.  I want to start really random family traditions.  And to think that all this random thinking was started by getting a letter.  A single letter from an old high school friend.  Who by the way is not much younger than me, despite only recently leaving on a mission.

No comments: