Monday, September 15, 2008

The 9000 Men Rant

Let's begin with some rough figures. There are approximately 30,000 students on campus. Around 40% of them are married. For the purposes of my rant these students are all married to other students. This leaves about 18,000 single students. (30,000 - 12,000 = 18,000) Now about half of these are male. Granted many of these are pre-mission or engaged, but they are still technically single. So there are about 9000 single men on campus. And the one who has to start pursuing me is 12 years older than I am. I'm not extremely young. Younger than most my year maybe, but still. He's just really old. And he can't even remember my name. 9000 men , and I get stuck with the Creepy Old Man. He called my apartment the other day, and asked for some name other than my own. He then deleted my number because he thought he had it wrong. And then he found me sitting in the quad between classes today and asked me to homecoming. I made up some excuse about not knowing my work schedule that week. Which I don't know yet, but still. The he asked about this weekend. And I am working this weekend. A lot actually. And then, thankfully, he didn't ask me for my number again. And if by some weird creepy chance he actually is one of my readers, I'm sorry. I did not mean to lead you on (if I did) you just caught me off guard the first time.

No comments: