Friday, August 1, 2008

Names and stories.

So I heard back from my new instructor at ICL. She wants my next story by early August. Crap that's now. And I don't even have a story. I have a character who has no name, but she does have a 19 year old brother named Eric, a 5 year old brother Isaac and a babysitter named Emily. She is ten years old, blonde hair, green eyes. But actually I need a conflict to be resolved, and then the rest will work itself out. But was never a ten year old. Ok, so when I was ten siblings the same ages. I really just need to start my collection of story ideas again. And I need to write consistently again. I reallydo love to write, I just don't like doing it for academic purposes. Although I would love to re-write my article on names and get it published. I love names. And I should start working on my name books I'm writing again. not that they will ever be published, but still. She has a name. The blonde, green eyed girl is Lilac. Pronounced Lie lick for all you utahns and other readers who may be questioning my naming abilities. My children will have wonderful easy to prounounce names. And Lingo, I do know that I can not name my daughter Anna Mae, no matter how much I love the names. But I can still have my Kyla Beth. And my Heidi Lynn. And no daughter of mine will have an e tacked to the end of her name, at least not the middle names. Anne is all right as a first name, in fact I would say that it needs the e. But Ann is much prefered (by the supreme naming authority who has never even been kissed yet, me) in middle names.

1 comment:

TexasRanger said...

I would just like to quietly approve of your choice of Ann without the 'e'. Seeing as how it's my middle name as well.